Shana, Claudia, and Carrie, gather to talk books, re-reading, knitting, comfort reading, switching genres, books set in California, figuring out what books are five star reads, and the different ways to be kickass.
Happy New Year, and thanks for listening!
↓ Press Play
This podcast player may not work on Chrome and a different browser is suggested. More ways to listen →
Here are the books we discuss in this podcast:
We also mentioned:
Carrie also shared a list of books set in San Francisco for Claudia that you might like to look at, too:
- The Heroine Complex series, Sarah Kuhn (contemp. Paranormal romance, SUPER FUN)
- The Fifth Sacred Thing, Starhawk (Pagan revolution, science fiction)
- Mama’s Bank Account, Kathryn Forbes (sweet collection of memoir stories)
- The Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan (contemporary fiction)
- The Girl with Ghost Eyes, M.H. Boroson (historical fantasy)
- Mr. Penubra’s 24 Hour Bookstore, Robin Sloane, (contemporary fantasy for booklovers)
- All the Birds in the Sky, Charlie Anders (fantasy/sci fi)
- October Daye series, Seanan McGuire (urban paranormal)
- Calico Palace, Gwen Bristow (historical)
- Tea with the Black Dragon, R.A. Macavoy (fantasy)
- Passing Strange, Ellen Klages (historical romance)
- Copy Boy, Shelley Blanton-Stroud (historical about Sacramento and San Francisco)
❤ More ways to sponsor:
What did you think of today’s episode? Got ideas? Suggestions? You can talk to us on the blog entries for the podcast or talk to us on Facebook if that’s where you hang out online. You can email us at [email protected] or you can call and leave us a message at our Google voice number: 201-371-3272. Please don’t forget to give us a name and where you’re calling from so we can work your message into an upcoming podcast.
Thanks for listening!
This Episode’s Music
It’s time to feature my favorite holiday album from Deviations Project, Adeste Fiddles.
This is Favourite Things – I’m sure you recognized it. You can find this album at Amazon.
❤ Click to view the transcript ❤
This podcast transcript was handcrafted with meticulous skill by Garlic Knitter. Many thanks.